We overslept, the intercom woke us up announcing last call to board buses for a tour of Budapest.
To give you an idea of the speed of this group, there are probably 10 people my age or younger the rest are Jim's age or older. The other travelers are from the US, Britain, Australia, and a few Germans. We did not make the tour, but I enjoyed watching the scenery and drinking coffee on the deck. the boat left port at soon as the tour group got on board the buses, and we traveled down to Visegrad to pick them up.
In the afternoon, we all were on board and the staff had sessions planned based on several topics. I learned all about Viennese coffee and how to make strudel.. I then got a tour of the galley (kitchen).
The chef only cooks fresh vegetables and they flight the beef in from Texas. All the fish is local catch. He said they promote from within. He had had one young man that started as a dishwasher, and ten years later is chef on another Viking cruise. It was also interesting how they deal with the left over food. They dump all the leftovers into a vat which has very sharp blades, it chops the food very finely. Then the liquid is squished out and there remains a small block which is removed at the dock. They are very Green, and there are stiff fines if they do not follow codes. He said ten years ago they threw everything in to the river.
Breakfast is in two locations, on the front deck and in the restaurant. You can choice from a continental or order from the chef. Lunch is in the restaurant, and you have three choices for each course and there are three. I have ordered everything I did not recognize and all have ben good. Yesterday I tried carrot and grapefruit soup and a cottage cheese ball with raspberry sauce for dessert.
Unfortunately, my tablet does not have a port for my SD card, but I am going to try loading pictures from my iphone.
No comments:
Post a Comment